Meta Wiki: discussion about the Cloudy trac site
How to improve the site navigation
Stage 1: ASCII mockups of what we want
Stage 2: implementation
Once Stage 1 is complete, we will need to code it up in html and stick it in templates/site_header.cs (requires root access to server).
Changing the look and feel
How to do this is described in TracInterfaceCustomization. At least the logo has now been changed, but Ryan implied that this needed root access, which was problematical. However, it seems that you can do a lot of customization using CSS, which can easily be prototyped by loading a personalised stylesheet into the browser, as I describe in CssPrototyping.
Do we want to modify the use CamelCase links?
- I think activating the ignore_missing_pages option would be a good idea, so that camel case variable names won't get interpreted as wiki page links.
What trac extensions do we want to have installed?
- Tags plugin
- latex math plugin (there were various options for this e.g. http://www.trac-hacks.org/wiki/LatexFormulaMacro, also might be useful to export to LaTeX) (note: this requires latex + dvips to be installed, which is currently not the case on the webfaction server)
- anything else?
Original Trac Wiki Intro (moved from the main page)
All aspects of Trac have been designed with the single goal to help developers write great software while staying out of the way and imposing as little as possible on a team's established process and culture.
As all Wiki pages, this page is editable, this means that you can modify the contents of this page simply by using your web-browser. Simply click on the "Edit this page" link at the bottom of the page. WikiFormatting will give you a detailed description of available Wiki formatting commands.
"trac-admin yourenvdir initenv" created a new Trac environment, containing a default set of wiki pages and some sample data. This newly created environment also contains documentation to help you get started with your project.
TracGuide is a good place to start.
The Trac Team
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.